Salt & Pepper Squid Recipe
This crowd-pleaser salt & pepper squid dish gives your standard squid a delicious kick! Easy and quick to prepare and cook, you’ll be enjoying this tempting treat in no time.
- 3 large (750g) cleaned squid hoods
- A sprinkling of KMC Salt & Pepper Seasoning
- ½ cup of cornflour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Dipping sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Cut each squid hood in half lengthways and score the inside with a criss-cross motion using a sharp knife.
- Cut each piece in half lengthways and cut each strip cross ways into four individual pieces. Pat these pieces down with paper towel.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Combine the flour and two tablespoons of our Salt & Pepper Seasoning. Toss the squid in the mixture and cook, turning for around 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Transfer the prepared squid to a baking tray and place in the oven while you continue to coat the remaining pieces. Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
For more inspiration, view other salt and pepper recipes that we highly recommend…