Salt & Pepper Squid Recipe
This crowd-pleaser salt & pepper squid dish gives your standard squid a delicious kick! Easy and quick to prepare and cook, you’ll be enjoying this tempting treat in no time with our very own scrumptious salt & pepper squid recipe!.
Did you know that squid is not only a tasty choice for seafood lovers, but it's also good for you?! Squid is one of the most popular seafood dishes out there and it's not hard to see why. It's typically cheap to buy, can be used in a variety of recipes, and can be cooked in several ways, including grilled, boiled and seared - not to mention raw for sushi foodies! But more than that, squid boasts several health benefits. Squid can often provide you with high protein, omega-3, vitamin B-12 and iron. It can be the key to a healthy heart and doesn't contain any carbohydrates.
Enough chatter, let's get straight to doing! Below you'll find all that you need, including ingredients and instructions, for the perfect salt & pepper squid recipe.
Cooking Time: The salt and pepper squid recipe will take around 20 minutes for preparation, including cutting the squid and preparing the coating mixture. It will take about 5 minutes to cook.
- 3 large (750g) cleaned squid hoods
- A sprinkling of KMC Salt & Pepper Seasoning
- ½ cup of cornflour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Dipping sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Cut each squid hood in half lengthways and score the inside with a criss-cross motion using a sharp knife.
- Cut each piece in half lengthways and cut each strip cross ways into four individual pieces. Pat these pieces down with paper towel.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Combine the flour and two tablespoons of our Salt & Pepper Seasoning. Toss the squid in the mixture and cook, turning for around 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Transfer the prepared squid to a baking tray and place in the oven while you continue to coat the remaining pieces. Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- Now it's time to enjoy your squid! If you liked this salt and pepper squid recipe, be sure to leave us a review!
For more inspiration, view other salt and pepper recipes that we highly recommend…