Salt & Pepper Chips Recipe
Salt and pepper chips is perhaps the most well-known salt & pepper dish out there and this homemade recipe is the perfect alternative to a takeaway. Salt and pepper chips are a favourite at Chinese takeaways when you need a quiet night in, comfort food or a snack to help you get over last night's hangover.
So why do people love salt & pepper chips so much? It's all about the flavour. Near enough everyone loves chips, so what this does is takes everyone's favourite deep-fried potato side dish and transforms it into a meal bursting with delicious and spicy flavour - Chinese chips are an excellent choice for foodies who love something with a bit of a kick!
You can do this fakeaway Chinese chips recipe your way – swap the chips for skinny fries or potato wedges if you fancy a change!
Cooking Time: This salt and pepper chips recipe takes around 15 minutes to prepare the ingredients. It will take around 35 minutes to cook, depending on the type of chips you use, then all that is left is for you to enjoy!
- Chips/fries/wedges of your choice
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small onion
- 3 spring onions
- A dash of KMC Salt & Pepper Seasoning
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the packaging of your chosen chips.
- Spread the chips evenly on a baking tray and cover with our Salt & Pepper Seasoning, mixing in with your fingers.
- Leave the chips to cook for the specified time, making sure to turn them halfway through.
- Chop the chilli, peppers, onion, and spring onions into fine pieces.
- Fry the chopped ingredients in an oiled plan on medium heat for several minutes until golden brown.
- Add the cooked chips to the pan with another dash of salt and pepper seasoning, and toss to combine all the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy your very own homemade Chinese salt and pepper chips recipe!
For more inspiration, view other salt and pepper recipes that we highly recommend…