Salt & Pepper Chips Recipe
Salt and pepper chips is perhaps the most well-known salt & pepper dish out there and this homemade recipe is the perfect alternative to a takeaway. Salt and pepper chips are a favourite at Chinese takeaways when you need a quiet night in, comfort food or a snack to help you get over last night's hangover.
So why do people love salt & pepper chips so much? It's all about the flavour. Near enough everyone loves chips, so what this does is takes everyone's favourite deep-fried potato side dish and transforms it into a meal bursting with delicious and spicy flavour - an excellent choice for foodies who love something with a bit of a kick!
You can do this fakeaway recipe your way – swap the chips for skinny fries or potato wedges if you fancy a change!
- Chips/fries/wedges of your choice
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small onion
- 3 spring onions
- A dash of KMC Salt & Pepper Seasoning
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the packaging of your chosen chips.
- Spread the chips evenly on a baking tray and cover with our Salt & Pepper Seasoning, mixing in with your fingers.
- Leave the chips to cook for the specified time, making sure to turn them halfway through.
- Chop the chilli, peppers, onion, and spring onions into fine pieces.
- Fry the chopped ingredients in an oiled plan on medium heat for several minutes until golden brown.
- Add the cooked chips to the pan with another dash of salt and pepper seasoning, and toss to combine all the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy your very own homemade Chinese salt and pepper chips recipe!
For more inspiration, view other salt and pepper recipes that we highly recommend…