Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe
This dish is a popular appetiser at any local Chinese chippy! Try making your own fakeaway salt & pepper chicken wings with our delicious seasoning.
Cooking Time: Preparation for this salt and pepper chicken wings recipe is pretty straightforward and quick. Most of your time will be spent waiting for it to cook! Preparing the ingredients will take about 5 minutes. The cooking process will last for around half an hour.
- Chicken Wings (based on desired serving size)
- 1 1/3 cup of water
- 1 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 head of minced garlic
- 1 bunch of green scallions
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Vegetable oil
- A sprinkling of KMC Salt & Pepper Seasoning
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot on medium-high - aim for a temperature of 350°F.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch and water in a bowl.
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel and coat in the whisked mix.
- Add 6-8 pieces of chicken to the oil and fry for 8 minutes until lightly golden.
- Drain the fried chicken wings on a paper towel and fry for another 8 minutes until golden and crunchy.
- Add olive oil to a wok on medium heat.
- Cook the garlic in the wok until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle in some KMC seasoning and scallions and cook on low heat for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and mix the fried chicken in with the wok ingredients
For more inspiration, view other salt and pepper recipes that we highly recommend…